Recognizing that some of our GLBT elder population are aging into care centers and assisted living facilities and that they are increasingly isolated from their social community; SAGE of the Rockies has developed a Friendly Visitor Program to offer support and friendship to our elders and to advocate for them within the GLBT community and the care centers in which they reside.
The SAGE Friendly Visitor Program is an outreach program that provides weekly visits to GLBT elders (50+) residing in care centers and independent or assisted living communities who may need friendship, companionship, and support.
- Share a common culture.
- Have been active members of the community and want to remain connected.
- Love to tell their stories and have good conversations.
- May feel isolated from their family and friends.
If you or someone you know can benefit from a volunteer friendly visitor, please complete our information form.
A Friendly Visitor Volunteer is anyone who:
- Enjoys people and is willing to invest one hour a week.
- Is interested in reaching out to those who are elderly and isolated.
- Is compassionate and caring.
- Is able to listen and reminisce.
- Offer support and encouragement to elders.
If you are interested in becoming a trained Friendly Visitor volunteer, please complete our volunteer application.
For more information about this program, contact Reynaldo Mireles at (303) 951-5222 or email@example.com.
Current Friendly Visitor Volunteers can enter reports by clicking here.