Earn 6.0 CE* during this introductory level, LGBT cultural competency training for Licensed Psychologists, LPC’s, LCSW’s & more.
When: Thursday, August 16, 2018 | 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Where: GLBT Community Center of Colorado (The Center), 1301 E. Colfax Ave, Denver, CO, 80218
Cost: $130/$70 for current students (Students must have a valid ID. Email email@example.com for student coupon code. There are only 4 student spaces available.)
- Apply models of gender identity & sexual orientation development
- Demonstrate awareness of LGBT mental health disparities
- Recognize possible effects of minority stress on clients
- Describe the characteristics of an LGBT affirming therapist
- Analyze the possible cultural factors of the client’s worldview
- Assess professional practices & clinical environment
- Practice clinical skills competency
- Critique how/when to make referrals
Meet the Trainer: Dr. Alexis Chavez
Dr. Alexis Chavez, a 3rd year psychiatry resident & co-founder of the IMAGINEclinic in Denver, is an expert speaker and trainer on LGBT health and health provider competence with a focus on transhealth at both the state and the national level. Alexis is the current treasurer of the National Association of LGBTQ Psychiatrists (AGLP) and a proud member of the Board of Directors of the GLBT Community Center of Colorado.
The cost of this full-day conference is $130 or $70 for Current Students with Valid ID.No partial attendance/credit permitted. Pre-registration & full payment required by August 10, 2018 at 4pm. To request a refund, contact Kelly Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 5 working days before the event. Refunds given through method received, less a 10% processing fee. Snacks & beverages provided throughout the day. Please feel free to bring a sack lunch.
Space is limited.
All funds generated help support the mental health programs of The Center.
* Special 25% discount for those traveling from at least 60 miles outside the Denver metro area, care of the Colorado Health Foundation. Discount will automatically be applied at checkout after registering.
Email email@example.com for more information.
Reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. To request accommodation, email Kelly Nichols firstname.lastname@example.org 3 weeks prior to your registered date.
This program is approved for 6 hours of continuing education. The University of Denver, Graduate School of Professional Psychology (GSPP) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. GSPP maintains responsibility for this program and its content.